Setting up the 2020 Season Oct 20, 2019 15:07:10 GMT -5
Post by Karl on Oct 20, 2019 15:07:10 GMT -5
First off. Wow, I am getting old. 2020? really?
So there's some looking ahead to for the Redskins that any team looking at the future would think about.
Today some observations are really apparent.
- QB is most definitely a week point. Keenum is painful to watch and even if you wanted to throw, he is a liability.
- DC, while they played tough early, Manusky has no answer nor even tries anything when the game needs a big play.... he's painful to watch.
- Coaching. You've already fired your Head Coach.. are any of these guys worth keeping around?
* I think offensively, they had a good plan and knew they could not count on Case.
* Defensively, played tough, blew a few coverages, cannot generate the big play.
- Obviously, player moves. Allen is screwing the pooch here, nothing will happen so this is a wasted bullet point.
- Draft position. It's silly to "tank" no one wants that... but they are in the race for the first pick and probably will be in the top 3.
I think Callahan is doing an admirable job... but I am hesitant to anoint him as the next guy,
He has the Redskins playing better with personnel that's not great and a fake GM who suffers from anal inversion.
In general, Washington, as long as Bruce Allen is in the configuration, it a tough place to make a career.
My dream is Allen is canned and some one comes in a makes the trades that make sense.
That isn't going to happen, a week to go... Allen is running this ship aground yet again.
So, in reality... the keys are there but the Redskins Front Office, Dan Snyder, has no idea.